News and events
Recruiting for Prevention & Activism Worker
We are recruiting for an part-time Prevention & Activism Worker.
Recruitment Pack, including application form, full job description, and person specification is available for download in the attached file at the bottom of this post.
Prevention & Activism Worker (Part-Time)
- Closing Date: Sunday 12th September @ Midnight
- Interviews: Wednesday 22nd September @ The Compass Centre
- Organisation: Shetland Rape Crisis
- Salary: £33,080 pro rata (25hr p/w), inc. Distant Islands Allowance
- Location: Lerwick, Shetland
- Holiday Entitlement: 30 Days plus 12 Public Holidays (pro rata)
- Pension: Employer contribution at 8% to pension fund.
Delivery of the National Sexual Violence Prevention Programme in Shetland
The post holder will continue to lead on the delivery of the Rape Crisis Scotland National Sexual Violence Prevention Programme in schools and youth groups in Shetland, using a shared resource pack and evaluation framework coordinated by RCS. Regular training opportunities and a practitioners’ forum are provided as part of the programme. More information and the report from an external evaluation can be found at https://www.rapecrisisscotland.org.uk/prevention-work/.
Delivery of Shetland Rape Crisis’ Activism Programme
The post holder will lead on local strategic approaches to sexual violence and gender-based violence in Shetland via the development, co-ordination, and facilitation of grassroots activism around these issues, giving our community a voice and empowering change. This includes volunteer coordination and facilitating BEE, Shetland Rape Crisis’ volunteer young activist group for young people aged 13-25, as well as taking a lead on campaigns and communications designed and fronted by SRC.