News and events
Service Changes In Light of Coronavirus / Covid-19
Shetland Rape Crisis takes the health and well-being of staff, volunteers, and service users very seriously.
Therefore, in light of the escalating public health crisis related to coronavirus/covid-19 we have taken steps to ensure that our service users continue to have safe access to support while at the same time maintaining our duty of care to workers.
With this in mind, we have implemented the following with immediate effect:
- All face-to-face appointments with service users are suspended until further notice.
- All current service users will be offered remote support in lieu of face-to-face appointments (video conferencing telephone, email, messenger and text support all available).
- If staff are working from home, they will carry out remote support using secure IT equipment from an agreed confidential space within their home in order to ensure security and GDPR compliance.
- We are still accepting referrals for support and advocacy and our waiting list protocol remains the same, but initial appointments will be offered as remote support as outlined above.
- Our main office line will remain open Mon-Thurs 9am-1.30pm on 01595747174 but depending on staff circumstances may sometimes be answered securely and confidentially from a home location. There should be no noticeable difference.
Many thanks for your patience and co-operation at this extremely challenging time. All of the above will be kept under close review and we will act in accordance with any official guidance and/or any government mandated restrictions.
Centre Hours: Mon-Thurs 9am-1.30pm
Centre Number: 01595 747 174
RCS Helpline: 08088 01 03 02 (6pm-midnight)